Pages

Monday, June 08, 2009

the greatest thing in knowing You...

All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now compared to this.

Now my heart's desire is to know You more,
To be found in You and know as Yours,
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh to know the power of Your risen life,
And to know You in Your sufferings;
To become like You in Your death, my Lord,
So with You to live and never die.

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness,
And I love You Lord.

all things can fail you.
man-made promises that seem too vulnerable to hold on to.
promises that sound like sweet honey that only proved to be venom in disguise.
promises that cause you to become vulnerable only to be invaded by pain and hurts.
no longer do i stand on those promises.
no longer do i operate solely on those promises.
the only promise i hold on to now is my identity in Him.
nothing i hold on to except the promises of God and the call that He put in my life.
i will live to fight another day.
i will live to love You, to bring You praise, a child in awe of You.
no one is going to take this away from me.
no words is going to bring me down.
no emotions is going to make me fall.
the only thing that i look forward to now is seeing You glorified.
the only thing i live for.
You put me in this place and i will look to You to accomplish it.
only You can make the change.
only You can cause it to rise above.
no words can break me.
no words can make me feel small
because i know You are in me and with me.

i will follow Your heart.
i will become a child again...



Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity



No comments: